Vacancy: Fundraising, Communications and Administration Officer
Aidlink is an international development organization working to improve the lives of people living in poverty in Africa. Working through partnership in Kenya, Uganda and Ghana, Aidlink delivers sustainable improvements to the lives of some of the world’s poorest and most isolated communities.
We have ambitious plans for growth over the next few years and we are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, experienced, and highly motivated professional to join our team in the role of Fundraising, Communications and Administration Officer.
Fundraising, Communications and Administration Officer
Full-time 37.5 hours per week
The Fundraising, Communications and Administration Officer will be responsible for; delivering a programme of fundraising campaigns and events, communicating the impact of Aidlink’s work with supporters and the general public, and managing the day-to-day administration of a small office.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrable experience in a similar role, and will have knowledge and experience of the key aspects of fundraising, communications and marketing.
Reporting to: The CEO
- Implementation of the organisation’s fundraising strategy to increase Aidlink revenue
- Coordination and delivery of community fundraising events and campaigns
- Provide support for the delivery of major, public fundraising events
- Maintain and manage Aidlink’s current donor relationships
- Build new fundraising relationships with individuals, schools, community groups and other organizations
- Delivery of the organisation’s annual communications plans
- Management of all donor and supporter communications including, donation acknowledgments, donor updates and newsletters
- Development of Aidlink promotional material and the organisation’s Annual Report
- Content creation for website and social media accounts
- Engagement with media and press
- General office management and administration, maintaining efficient filing and information systems
- Monthly bookkeeping and financial reporting
- Administration of the organisation’s CRM (Salesforce)
- Administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors
- Logistic and administrative support for oversees field visits and development education projects
- Educated to degree level
- At least 2 years work experience in a fundraising, marketing/communications or administrative role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan and prioritize
- Flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the requirements of the role
Desirable but not essential
- A knowledge of/interest in overseas development
- CRM experience (salesforce)
Please note, only candidates legally entitled to work in Ireland will be considered.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: COB Friday May 18th 2018. For more information, please contact 01 473 6488.