Raise funds, visit our work and explore beautiful Uganda!
25th– 31st May 2020
Join Team Aidlink and travel to Uganda this May to run, walk or crawl one of the best marathons in the world and raise vital funds for Aidlink’s projects in Uganda. If running is not your thing, join the volunteer team and participate in the full week of activities.
Aidlink is an official charity partner of the Uganda Marathon for 2020. Set up in 2015, the founders of the Uganda Marathon wanted to show people from all over the world the beauty of Uganda, the fantastic warm, friendly welcome of its people and the amazing story of hope and promise in the country, as well as raising funds to help local communities.
Aidlink has worked in Uganda for over 20 years empowering and enabling communities through agriculture, water and education. In Masaka, our work is centred around improving farming techniques, ensuring all children have equal access to education and building the capacity of local organisations so that they can become instigators of change.
We are now recruiting for our team in 2020. Join Team Aidlink for an adventure like no other and the chance to make a difference to the lives of some of the poorest and most vulnerable people in Uganda.
Are you ready for an adventure like no other?
Race options: 10km, Half Marathon or Full Marathon
By joining the race you will get the opportunity to:
- Travel to beautiful Masaka in southern Uganda
- Immerse yourself in the Ugandan culture
- Meet Aidlink’s local partners
- Meet the communities benefitting from Aidlink’s support
Cost: €1,000 (subject to change; dependant on accommodation)
- Airport transfers
- 7 nights accommodation and 3 meals per day
- Race entry
- All Uganda Marathon activities/events. For more information click here.
Package does not include:
- Flights (available for around €500 from Europe if booked well in advance) – Aidlink will supply a list of suitable airlines and routes
- Incidentals (bottled water, alcoholic & soft drinks, souvenirs etc.)
- Extensions for tourist activity such as Gorilla Trekking, Safari, White Water Rafting or AOB
- Ugandan Visa ($50) – Irish passport holders don’t need a visa.
All Team Aidlink runners will be asked to fundraise an additional €1,000 to support our project in Uganda.
A deposit of €100 will be required by Friday 17th January to secure your place on Team Aidlink.
For more information about the Uganda Marathon click here.
Find out more about Aidlink’s work here.