Ever wondered what it is like to work for a human rights NGO? If so, the latest opportunity at Aidlink could be the one for you.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual, with strong interpersonal and communications skills, who is seeking to develop their experience in the charitable sector.
A background in marketing, fundraising, media, communications or event management would be advantageous but is not essential.
The successful applicant will gain invaluable events organisation experience as we prepare for a number of key fundraising events in the coming months.
Responsibilities listed below are indicative and not exhaustive:
– Promote Aidlink fundraising events and mission both on and offline specifically Aidlink for Turkana, a major musical fundraiser in the National Concert Hall on November 22nd
– Fundraiser preparation, assisting the Communications Officer with planning and event management, ticket sales monitoring, promotion etc as necessary
– Draft and share online content through Aidlink’s social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, using Hootsuite where applicable
– Draft written content to publish on www.aidlink.ie
– Filing and maintaining records
– Answering phones and welcoming guests to the office
– Other administrative tasks as required
The Communications and Events Intern will report to the Communications Officer. This is an unpaid volunteer position of 25 hours per week commitment.
To apply, send a cover letter and C.V to email@example.com.
Deadline September 28th 2018. Due to the number of applicants we are unable to contact everyone individually. If we have not contacted you by September 29th you have not been successful.