Aidlink is a small, but impactful, international development organization working to improve the lives of people living in poverty in Africa and increase the awareness of social justice issues in Irish communities. Working with our African partners in Kenya, Uganda and Ghana, Aidlink has a long track record delivering sustainable improvements to the lives of some of the world’s poorest and most isolated communities; currently the Masai, the Turkana and the Karamajong. We partner with Irish Schools to give Irish schoolchildren a unique educational immersion experience in Africa. We have a clearly differentiated model, which we believe delivers both short term and long term change, with education at the heart of all our activities both in Ireland and Africa.
We have award-winning standards and ambitious plans; this person will be central to achieving our plans. We are looking for someone with values and drive, who feels strongly about international development and child rights. Are you passionate about fundraising? Are you a creative thinker? Do you enjoy building relationships in different communities? Are you a strong team player who can roll up your sleeves and get stuck in as well as handling strategic priorities? If so, this may be the job for you!
Job Title: Fundraising and Communications Officer
Full-time 37.5 hours per week
This is a challenging but rewarding position that brings together the major elements of Fundraising, Communications and administration. The Fundraising and Communications officer will provide strategic direction and ensure effective delivery of fundraising, and communications plans, responsible for Aidlink’s relationship with the public to ensure growing levels of financial and non-financial support, reporting directly to the CEO.
The Fundraising and Communications Officer is responsible for;
- Developing and delivering a Programme of fundraising campaigns and events to increase Aidlink revenue,
- Communicating the impact of Aidlink’s work with existing supporters and the general public
- Managing the day-to-day administration of a small office.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrable experience in a similar role, and will have knowledge and experience of the key aspects of fundraising, communications and marketing.
- Working with the CEO and Fundraising Committee of the Board develop and implement the organisation’s fundraising strategy to increase Aidlink’s revenue
- Coordinate and deliver community fundraising events and campaigns delivering revenue against agreed targets
- Manage the fundraising budget (total and individual campaign budgets)
- Provide support for the delivery of major, public fundraising events
- Maintain and manage Aidlink’s current donor relationships
- Build new fundraising relationships with individuals, schools, community groups
- Identify and work with companies where CSR and Aidlink values are aligned.
- Deliver the organisation’s annual communications plans
- Management of all donor and supporter communications including, donation acknowledgments, donor updates and newsletters
- Development of Aidlink promotional material and the organisation’s Annual Report
- Content creation for website and social media accounts
- Engagement with media and press
- Monthly bookkeeping and financial reporting
- Administration of the organisation’s CRM (Salesforce)
- Logistic and administrative support for oversees field visits and development education projects
- Administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors
- General office management and administration, maintaining efficient filing and information systems
- Educated to degree level
- At least 2 years work experience in a fundraising, marketing/communications or administrative role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan and prioritize
- Flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the requirements of the role
- Ability to self-motivate, takes initiative, and work independently within a small yet collaborative team.
- Strong strategic awareness and influencing skills.
- Natural relationship builder, networker, and connector with an intuitive ability to identify opportunities for engagement.
- Innovative and creative approach, with solution-oriented problem solving skills.
- Proactive with ability to work to tight deadlines and skillfully manage multiple projects.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a small charity and shift priorities accordingly.
- Employs active listening skills and responds to prospect, supporter, volunteer, and team needs in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Aidlink’s purpose and best practice in the charity sector.
Please note, only candidates legally entitled to work in Ireland will be considered.
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: July 16th 2021.