Vacancy: Communications and Fundraising Lead
Aidlink is a small, but impactful international development organisation, striving to achieve gender equality and end poverty in Africa, while also raising awareness of global inequality in Ireland.
We work through partnering with African community-based organisations to collectively deliver our work, empowering people to tackle poverty and catalyse change. Currently, our programmes are based in Kenya and Uganda.
By listening to the voices of the community and through our partnerships we work to address the structural causes of inequality and poverty. We believe that by putting the furthest behind first – often girls – we can support an entire community’s growth.
We have award-winning standards and ambitious plans; this person will be central to achieving our plans. We are looking for someone with values and drive. Are you a creative thinker? Do you enjoy building relationships in different communities? Are you passionate about fundraising? Are you a strong team player who can roll up your sleeves and get stuck in as well as handling strategic priorities? If so, this may be the job for you!
Communications and Fundraising Lead. Full-time 37.5 hours/week (Flexible)
Hybrid (Office is Dublin based)
This position plays a critical role in the delivery of Aidlink’s strategic plan in that it brings together the major
elements of Communications and Fundraising. The Communications and Fundraising Lead will provide strategic
direction and ensure effective delivery of communications and fundraising, plans, and will be responsible for
Aidlink’s relationship with the public to ensure growing levels of financial and non-financial support, reporting
directly to the CEO.
The Communications and Fundraising Lead is responsible for:
– Communicating the impact of Aidlink’s work with existing supporters and the public.
– Developing and delivering a programme of fundraising campaigns and events to meet Aidlink’s revenue targets.
– Other key administrative tasks as they arise.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrable experience in a similar role, and will have knowledge
and experience of the key aspects of communications, marketing, and fundraising.
- Deliver the organisation’s annual communications plans.
- Management of all donor and supporter communications including donation acknowledgements, donor updates and newsletters.
- Development of Aidlink promotional material and the organisation’s Annual Report.
- Content creation for website and social media accounts.
- Engagement with media and press.
- Working with the CEO and Fundraising Committee of the Board, develop and implement the organisation’s fundraising strategy to meet Aidlink’s revenue targets.
- Coordinate and deliver community fundraising events and campaigns delivering revenue against agreed targets.
- Manage the fundraising budget (total and individual campaign budgets).
- Provide support for the delivery of major, public fundraising events.
- Maintain and manage Aidlink’s current donor relationships.
- Build new fundraising relationships with individuals, schools, community groups.
- Identify and work with companies where CSR and Aidlink values are aligned.
- Educated to degree level.
- At least 2 years work experience in a marketing/communications or fundraising role.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan and prioritize.
- Flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the requirements of the role.
- Ability to self-motivate, takes initiative, and work independently within a small yet collaborative team.
- Strong strategic awareness and influencing skills.
- Natural relationship builder, networker, and connector with an intuitive ability to identify opportunities for engagement.
- Innovative and creative approach, with solution-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Proactive with ability to work to tight deadlines and skillfully manage multiple projects.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a small charity and shift priorities accordingly.
- Employs active listening skills and responds to prospect, supporter, volunteer, and team needs in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Aidlink’s purpose and best practice in the charity sector.
Please note, only candidates legally entitled to work in Ireland will be considered.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter by email to email@example.com. Closing date: Friday December 1 st 5pm.
For more information see www.aidlink.ie or please contact Dario 0851703091