Aidlink is a small, but impactful international development organisation, striving to achieve gender equality and end poverty in Africa, while also raising awareness of global inequality in Ireland.
We work through partnering with African community-based organisations to collectively deliver our work, empowering people to tackle poverty and catalyse change. Currently, our programmes are based in Kenya and Uganda.
By listening to the voices of the community and through our partnerships we work to address the structural causes of inequality and poverty. We believe that by putting the furthest behind first – often girls – we can support an entire community’s growth.
We have award-winning standards and ambitious plans; this person will be central to achieving our plans. We are looking for someone with values and drive. Are you passionate about fundraising? Are you a creative thinker? Do you enjoy building relationships in different communities? Are you a strong team player who can roll up your sleeves and get stuck in as well as handling strategic priorities? If so, this may be the job for you!
Fundraising and Communications Lead. Full-time 37.5 hours per week.
Hybrid (Office is Dublin based)
This position plays a critical role in the delivery of Aidlink’s strategic plan in that it brings together the major elements of Fundraising, Communications and Administration. The Fundraising and Communications lead will provide strategic direction and ensure effective delivery of fundraising, and communications plans, and will be responsible for Aidlink’s relationship with the public to ensure growing levels of financial and non-financial support, reporting directly to the CEO.
The Fundraising and Communications Lead is responsible for;
- Developing and delivering a programme of fundraising campaigns and events to meet Aidlink’s revenue targets.
- Communicating the impact of Aidlink’s work with existing supporters and the general public.
- Managing the day-to-day administration of a small office.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrable experience in a similar role and will have knowledge and experience of the key aspects of fundraising, communications and marketing.
- Working with the CEO and Fundraising Committee of the Board develop and implement the organisation’s fundraising strategy to meet Aidlink’s revenue targets
- Coordinate and deliver community fundraising events and campaigns delivering revenue against agreed targets
- Manage the fundraising budget (total and individual campaign budgets)
- Provide support for the delivery of major, public fundraising events
- Maintain and manage Aidlink’s current donor relationships
- Build new fundraising relationships with individuals, schools, community groups
- Identify and work with companies where CSR and Aidlink values are aligned.
- Deliver the organisation’s annual communications plans
- Management of all donor and supporter communications including, donation acknowledgments, donor updates and newsletters
- Development of Aidlink promotional material and the organisation’s Annual Report
- Content creation for website and social media accounts
- Engagement with media and press
- Monthly book-keeping and financial reporting
- Administration of the organisation’s CRM (Salesforce)
- Logistic and administrative support for oversees field visits and development education projects
- Administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors
- General office management and administration, maintaining efficient filing and information systems
- Educated to degree level
- At least 2 years work experience in a fundraising, marketing/communications or administrative role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan and prioritize
- Flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the requirements of the role
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, and work independently within a small yet collaborative team.
- Strong strategic awareness and influencing skills.
- Natural relationship builder, networker, and connector with an intuitive ability to identify opportunities for engagement.
- Innovative and creative approach, with solution-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Proactive with ability to work to tight deadlines and skillfully manage multiple projects.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a small charity and shift priorities accordingly.
- Employs active listening skills and responds to prospect, supporter, volunteer, and team needs in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Aidlink’s purpose and best practice in the charity sector.
Please note, only candidates legally entitled to work in Ireland will be considered.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter by email to Dario@aidlink.ie Closing date: Wednesday September 20th , 5 pm For more information see www.aidlink.ie or please contact 0851703091.